WordPress powers 37% of all websites on the internet in 2021. That’s 10% more than in 2016 when they powered only 25% of websites. WordPress powers over 13 times the number of CMS websites compared to Joomla, the second most popular CMS host.
Undertaking a regular website security test of your WordPress website is critical to ensure any vulnerabilities or malware as fixed.
An example of this is hackers have reportedly scanned almost 1.6 million WordPressn websites in attempts to exploit an arbitrary file upload vulnerability in a previously disclosed buggy WordPress plugin.
- Secure your login procedures.
- Use secure WordPress hosting.
- Update your version of WordPress.
- Update to the latest version of PHP.
- Install one or more security plugins.
- Use a secure WordPress theme.
- Enable SSL/HTTPS.
- Install a firewall.
- Get a WordPress support package